Now is certainly the time to get your orders in for wood bricks and/or wood pellets, if you haven’t done so already. For every ton sold between now and October 8th, $5 will be donated to The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer organization. For example, if you ordered 5 tons before the 8th, Woodpellets.com will donate $25. We figured, what better way to kick off Breast Cancer Awareness month?
How Do Donations Help?
According to the American Cancer Society, one in every two women newly diagnosed with breast cancer reaches out to the American Cancer Society for help and support. ACS is in every community providing free information and services when and where people need it. If you need someone to talk with at 3 a.m. (or any other time of the day or night), they are there.
- Road to Recovery Transportation assistance to and from treatment.
- Hope Lodge® Free lodging for those having to travel for treatment.
- Look Good…Feel Better Workshops that teach beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help deal with appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Reach to Recovery Emotional support programs that connect newly diagnosed breast cancer patients with survivors.
- Cancer education classes.
- An online cancer survivors support network.
- Plus, information from a trained Cancer Information Specialist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-227-2345.
If you would like to participate more, click here to find an event near you.