Watch how WoodPellet.com is already working to build bulk delivery solutions!
In the US, wood pellets are typically delivered on pallets or skids, and sold by the ton, or fifty 40lb bags. Most pellet consumers store their pellets in the garage or basement and then carry the bags to the appliance to fill it, leaving them with a fairly large empty plastic bag to throw away, along with a large wooden pallet.
By handling fuel in bulk, there is reduced process time, no extra packaging, less handling and damage to the fuel, and more convenience for consumers. WoodPellets.com is committed to helping build the infrastructure and technology to US consumers, and is already moving forward to make this option available in selected areas.
Benefits of Bulk:
- Less waste. No pallets or plastic bags
- More convenient delivery into storage solution best suited for your home
- No need to fill appliance hoppers daily with complete storage and transfer system
- Safety! Don't have to pick up, carry, haul up or down stairs, set down, tear open, and empty a 40lb bag into your appliance
- Dedicated location for storage. No more storing bags in your truck, closet, back patio, storage room, or any number of other locations
- Less dust in the house with a complete storage and transfer system
Bulk Already Established in Europe
Throughout Europe, the majority of wood pellets are already being delivered in bulk and blown into businesses and residences from large trucks in much the same way that oil is delivered.
Single family residences, multi-family, businesses, community utilities, and some schools rely on seasonal deliveries to both rural and urban areas for their heating fuel. Basement rooms, outbuildings, and underground holding tanks are common storage solutions.
WoodPellets.com is working to make these solutions available, and to help America shift to these renewable, domestically produced, carbon neutral heating fuels.
Learn More About Bulk