It’s inevitable: the nights are cooler, the days are shorter. Fall is coming quickly and it’s time to get ready for the 2014-15 heating season. You may have already secured your wood pellets and/or wood bricks, and that’s great! But before you start up your stove for the season, you should seriously consider a professional 8-point cleaning and inspection. If you have not already had your stove serviced – and we mean professionally cleaned – since last heating season, we strongly recommend that you do.
Aside from the usual ash removal and general maintenance, your wood pellet stove needs additional care in order to operate at optimal safety and efficiency.
The Critical 8-Step Cleaning and Inspection Checklist Includes:
- Empty ash traps and clean exhaust passages behind fire chamber
- Clean burn pot, combustion chamber and exhaust fan
- Clean and lubricate fans and motor components
- Thoroughly clean the heat exchanger system
- Clean liner and reseal the venting system if needed
- Inspect all seals, heat/pressure switches and vacuum sensors
- Verify and adjust all stove settings for optimal efficiency
- Clean glass with solvent to remove stubborn stains
We understand that many pellet stove owners take care of cleaning themselves. However, sometimes things are best left to professionals trained specifically for a service.
Fortunately, there are many experienced stove technicians available in the Northeast. You can check with your local stove shops or search online to find a technician. If you live in New Hampshire or Northern Massachusetts, and your stove hasn’t had the 8-point cleaning and inspection, we have an excellent solution for pellet stove service! Call 1-800-735-5387 to learn more about how to have the cleanest, safest and most efficient pellet stove possible.